What is IELTS?
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is designed to help you work, study or migrate to a country where English is the native language, such countries as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK, and the USA. Your ability to listen, read, write and speak in English will be assessed during the test. IELTS is graded on a scale of 1-9.
What are the 4 types of IELTS?
In IELTS, there are four papers: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
Which test should I take?
There are two IELTS tests available – IELTS Academic or IELTS General Training. The test you choose should be based on what it is you want to do. IELTS can help you with a variety of life choices, like moving abroad, getting the job you’ve always wanted or even just improving your English language skills. So before you book your test, be sure to check which one is right for you.
IELTS Academic: IELTS Academic measures whether your level of English language proficiency is suitable for an academic environment. It reflects aspects of academic language and evaluates whether you’re ready to begin training or studying.
Take IELTS Academic test if you want to:
– study at an undergraduate level or postgraduate level anywhere in the world
– apply for Student Route visa (Tier 4) at a university that is a Student route (Tier 4) Sponsor in the UK
– work in an English-speaking country for a professional organisation.
IELTS General Training: IELTS General Training measures English language proficiency in a practical, everyday context. The tasks and tests reflect both workplace and social situations.
Take IELTS General test if you would like to:
– study or train below degree level
– work or undertake work related training in an English-speaking country
– emigrate to an English-speaking country get another job in your own country.
Requirements for students:
– You should be at a pre-intermediate level of English or above
– You do not need any knowledge of the IELTS Test
Who this course is for:
This course is for students who are preparing to take or retake the IELTS Test
Teachers: eTalk has lots of trained and vetted IELTS teachers
There are no reviews yet.